Adding 978Mhz to Current system

I have built a Raspberry Pi v4 with PiAware v9.0.1 and ADSB Exchange Blue R820T2 RTL2832U SDR connected to an ADS-B1090MHz 978MHz Dual Band Antenna which has been feeding FlightAware, ADS-BExchange, and Flightradar24 for 47 days with a FlightAware ranking of 5138. I have recently purchased an ADS-BExchange Orange 978 SDR with a Y Antenna Splitter Cable. My Question; What commands do I need to do to get the 978 to receive information? Please don’t point me to a write-up that I’m not understanding, just please write it out so I can Copy & Paste it via Windows 11 Terminal app. My deepest appreciation.

If you’re using the ADSB Exchange image that came with the blue dongle, as I am, then it’s as simple as plugging in the dongle, going to the IP address of the computer running the software and following the steps in the “Assign SDR to services” menu. It will take you MAYBE 30 seconds if you have easy access to the system.

If you’re running something else, good luck! With Linux you can use SoapySDR to pull in the data supposedly. I never got that far on my test linux machine, before I bought the blue dongle to use instead of my AirSpy and then I just went with the pre-formatted SD card into an old Raspberry Pi 3B+

Good luck!

As stated above we really can’t help with third party images, you can try joining our discord server and another user may use the same image and be able to help you figure it out, but only the provider of the image can just tell you what commands to enter.

I do think you can activate 978 through the website or something if that helps but I don’t use the image so I don’t know.

The Discord link is: Official ADS-B Exchange Group

Yes but you stated you are doing it with PiAware Image so you would need to ask the maintainer of PiAware (FlightAware) how to add 978 to that image. I would suggest asking in the Flight Aware forums.

It is like jumping in a Windows group to ask for help with you Apple Mac, you may find some other random member who can help, but the Microsoft personal would have no idea how to help you even if they wanted to.

I figured it out, 978 now feeding information to all feeders that I’ve set up.

1 Like