Integrating GPS with ADS-B Receiver for Dynamic Tracking

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a project involving an ADS-B receiver on a boat and I’m facing a challenge that I hope some of you might help me with. I want to integrate GPS with the ADS-B receiver so that it can dynamically update the position of the receiver in real-time. This integration is crucial for ensuring that the map moves along with the boat, and that target detections and distances are updated accordingly.

Does anyone have experience with setting up a GPS-enabled ADS-B system that can operate effectively in a mobile environment like a bpat? Any advice on software adjustments, or general tips would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions!

Thank you!

See discord for discussion…

Yeah, i wrote on discord too. But as suggested, I putted here too :slight_smile:

Guys. If you’re running the ADSBx image, (run the “update” function to update to the latest SW), we actually have beta support for GPS.

It will configure your GPS location when you boot up, turn off MLAT while you’re in motion, and resume MLAT (with updated coords) when you are then stationary.

I updated to the last SW but I cannot get how setup the GPS.
As suggested over discord should I modify NET_OPTIONS in /etc/default/readsb (also if I cannot identify any NET_OPTIONS in that file)?
My feeder is not on internet and I have a GPS streaming NMEA data over the internal board network. Of course I can transform the GPS TPC/IP data in a COM port if needed.
Thanks for your support

If you run “systemctl status adsbexchange-gpsmon” - what does that show?

Also, look at /etc/default/gpsd and see if that config matches with what you expect. It is pre-set for a GPS on a USB port.

You can run “cgps” to see if live GPS data is coming in.

Thanks for the reply.

Also, look at /etc/default/gpsd and see if that config matches with what you expect. It is pre-set for a GPS on a USB port.

I would like to connect the GPS stream via TCP/IP if possible. In gpsd I see only the USB setting.

If you run “systemctl status adsbexchange-gpsmon” - what does that show?

the reply is: ADSBexchange GPS monitor
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/adsbechange-gpsmon.service; disabled;
Active: inactive (dead)

(I dunno if the GPS not switched ON could be an issue)

You can run “cgps” to see if live GPS data is coming in.

command not found