MLAT connection issues?

So i noticed that MLAT isnt connected all of a sudden and i can not see/ pick up planes with MLAT as the source. any ideas?

UPDATE: restarted and still nothing, its been issue since maybe midnight it would appear or within the past 8 hours… looking at the system log there is a connection issue… heres the log

Mar 06 12:00:11 adsbexchange systemd[1]: Started adsbexchange-mlat.
Mar 06 12:00:13 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: mlat-client 0.4.2 starting up
Mar 06 12:00:13 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Listening for Basestation-format results connection on port 31003
Mar 06 12:00:13 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Listening for Beast-format results connection on port 30157
Mar 06 12:00:13 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Connection to feed2.adsbexchange.com:64590 failed: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution

The last log line indicates a DNS issue. When you say “restarted”, do you mean a reboot, or just a restart of the adsbexchange-mlat service? If it was on reboot, that error might be temporary, if networking is not fully up yet, but if that’s after a service restart, there’s something else going on. Can you ping feed2.adsbexchange.com ?

so i did a reboot from the adsbexchange local page on my laptop that didnt fix it… i did a restart when i saved something before that didnt fix it… i could try unplugging for a few minutes and try that …

when you say ping, where/ how do i do that? i have ADSBx DIY 1090 Receiver Kit
style setups.

If you can ssh into the Pi, you could try the ping from there … otherwise leave it up for at least a few minutes after reboot and see what shows up under “adsbexchange-mlat.service logs”

since it wont let me post what the log shows cause it has links… ill do best to show what its showing…

Mar 06 13:07:52 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Reconnecting in 6.4 seconds
Mar 06 13:07:59 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Connected to multilateration server at feed1.adsbexchange(.com):31090, handshaking
Mar 06 13:08:04 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Lost connection to feed1.adsbexchange(.com):

I put () around the com

i did dig around online and someone posted to a mlat connection issue that this usually means it is on the server side? idk… beats me…

i think i pinged it correctly but not sure but it keeps displaying new readings every second. in the time category its showing time= 100ms
as average.

I think its working but still not sure honestly… it says feeder not connected on status page but it now shows its connecting but dissconnecting from server since there are no mlat planes flying nearby rightnow… hmm

Mar 06 14:01:01 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Connected to multilateration server at feed2.adsbexchange.com:64590, handshaking
Mar 06 14:01:26 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Receiver: disconnected 0.0 msg/s received 0.0 msg/s processed (0%)
Mar 06 14:01:26 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Server: handshaking 0.0 kB/s from server 0.0 kB/s to server
Mar 06 14:01:26 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Results: 0.0 positions/minute
Mar 06 14:01:26 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Aircraft: 0 of 0 Mode S, 0 of 0 ADS-B used
Mar 06 14:02:02 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Disconnecting from feed2.adsbexchange.com:64590: No data (not even keepalives) received for 60 seconds
Mar 06 14:02:02 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Connected to multilateration server at feed1.adsbexchange.com:31090, handshaking
Mar 06 14:03:02 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Disconnecting from feed1.adsbexchange.com:31090: No data (not even keepalives) received for 60 seconds
Mar 06 14:03:03 adsbexchange adsbexchange-mlat[506]: Connected to multilateration server at feed2.adsbexchange.com:64590, handshaking

last thing i just noticed there was issues on the ads side to,

Mar 06 12:00:11 adsbexchange adsbexchange-feed[505]: BeastReduce TCP output: Name resolution for feed1.adsbexchange.com failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Mar 06 12:00:11 adsbexchange adsbexchange-feed[505]: BeastReduce TCP output: Name resolution for feed2.adsbexchange.com failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Mar 06 12:00:13 adsbexchange adsbexchange-feed[505]: BeastReduce TCP output: Name resolution for feed1.adsbexchange.com failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Mar 06 12:00:15 adsbexchange adsbexchange-feed[505]: BeastReduce TCP output: Name resolution for feed2.adsbexchange.com failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
Mar 06 12:00:19 adsbexchange adsbexchange-feed[505]: BeastReduce TCP output: Connection established: feed1.adsbexchange.com (54.244.22.71) port 30004

temporary DNS issues during boot are OK - it can be just that networking isn’t fully up yet… buf if that’s happening some time after boot, it could incidate a problem.

The continuous disconnects from MLAT are concerning. There was an issue that affected MLAT yesterday, but I think it’s supposed to be resolved now. I’ll try to get confirmation of that.

very well could be server issues…

It sounds like the MLAT issue is still being worked on. Mine is working today (it was not working yesterday), but it sounds like others are still having issues. Hopefully it’ll get resolved soon.

The MLAT issue should be resolved now. Is it looking better for you?

well i did record mlat planes last night… also looking at the mlat sever map the regions have changed dramatically… the entire east coast up to Cananda was called northeast region… now its called central east. so they fixed something at least

i will say though that on the mlat server map it shows my location incorrectly all sudden though.

Locations on the MLAT map are intentionally obfuscated for privacy. It should be fairly close (within a few miles) but not exact.

hi guys ive just noticed the same mlat issue stating no feed for the last 48hrs feed is ok as is stats just mlat any ideas please